- WPF aka Windows Presentation Foundation
- The main purpose of WPF is to give to a programmer or designer a possibility to build rich GUI applications
- Actually WPF came to replace WinForms
- WPF is part of .Net Framework 3.0 or higher
Some basic stuff about WPF
- In order to begin write your WPF application you can open Visual Studio and chose project type named "WPF Application"
- GUI consists of two files - *.xaml and code-behind *.cs
- XAML file is actually an XML which describes the GUI
- One of the strongest side of WPF concept is logical separation of appearance and behavior
What you should know before starting to write your first WPF application?
- Forget about how you wrote your WinForms applications, in WPF it is all about the bindings
- Before you start to write your first WPF application you MUST to read about MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel pattern), believe me it`s super important
- If you listened to my advice then your code-behind file *.cs will be almost empty, all the GUI logic is configured in *.xaml file and all GUI elements should be bonded to relevant ViewModel
- And again NEVER write GUI logic in your code-behind file *.cs
Well that`s it for to today, gotta run, have a lot work to do.
If you have questions, please write me in comments section.Cheers!